This is an important notice regarding your privacy and the way in which The London Software Testing Company (referred to as “We” in this policy) collects and makes use of your personal data. We want to be open and transparent with you, and therefore encourage you to contact us if you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal data.
We take our privacy responsibilities seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of applicable privacy legislation, the data controller is Chasing Stars Limited of 6/75 Little Britain, London EC1A 7BT United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 8766066. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to our team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What information do we collect from or receive about you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.chasingstars.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- As we are a professional recruitment consultancy, you may provide us with a copy of your CV, a cover letter or other such similar documentation containing your personal data.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We work closely with third parties including sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information;
- Where you give us permission to apply for a vacancy advertised by a prospective client on your behalf, we may receive that client’s opinions and feedback on your application. This may include, for example, feedback on your CV or any interview you attend which may be provided to us over the telephone or via email.
- We may be required to carry out right to work checks, fraud protection, criminal background checks and credit checks. In performing these checks we may receive information from external third party search providers assisting us with these checks.
3. How do we use the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between i) you and us; ii) us and the prospective clients you apply for vacancies with; and iii) to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about prospective clients and vacancies which are relevant to the type of vacancies you wish to be notified about and apply for – you will have provided us with this information during our initial or subsequent dealings usually via telephone or by responding to vacancies online;
- to provide prospective clients with your information after you have confirmed you wish to apply for a vacancy they are advertising, for example by sending them your CV, cover letter or other similar documentation containing your personal data;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide third party search providers your information in order such providers can assist us with right to work checks, fraud protection, criminal background checks and credit checks;
- to contact you if we wish to use your information for a purpose not set out in this policy.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with to selected third parties. We will share your information with the following categories of selected third parties:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- prospective clients where you haven notified us you would like us to make an application on your behalf for a particular vacancy or category of vacancy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The London Software Testing Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of right to work checks, immigration status, fraud protection, criminal background checks, credit checks and credit risk reduction.
5. Basis for processing your personal data
Where we disclose your personal data to prospective clients
- we will always ask for your permission before sharing your information with prospective clients. In such situations, we will be relying on your permission for the basis of sharing that information. You have the right to withdraw your permission for us to share your information at any time;
- where we collect information about you from prospective clients (for example, by way of feedback on your application) or information we collect automatically when you visit our site, we rely on our legitimate interests for collecting that information set out in this policy (for example, administering our site and keeping our site safe and secure).
6. Where we store your personal data
Electronic versions of the information you provide to us is stored on a desktop, and kept securely. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us by you; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. How long we will store your personal data for
We store different personal data for different times depending on what the data is and what it is being used for:
- CVs: we have taken a decision at board level in relation to any CVs provided to us and we will store any CV you send us for no longer than 1 year. The reason for keeping CVs for up to 1 year is that we may continue to place candidates with clients during this time;
- Legal, accounting & tax and regulatory information: we will keep this information for as long as is required under the legislation requiring us to hold this information.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information held by us:
- you may request information on what personal data we hold and access to it;
- you may request we rectify any data we hold about you (i.e. if the data is incorrect), erase that data or restrict the types of processing we carry out in respect of that data;
- you may request we provide you with the personal data we hold about you in order you can use it for your own purposes across other services;
- you may request we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes. To do so please either contact us an inform us you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes of unsubscribe from our emails.